Foretract Engineering is a well established specialist engineering business based in North Cumbria UK, operating it's service worldwide. The business is run by an ex sea-going marine engineer and is a leading expert with in-situ broken stud removal on marine engines and gas turbines.
Case Studies & News:
Seized Studs removed from Main Body of Plastic Extrusion Pump for International Chemical Company
Contact was made with Foretract Engineering by a major chemical company based near Manchester at 0830hrs.
Broken crankshaft Balance weight bolt on ship's main engine
Foretract deploy to Denmark to carry out urgent stud removal from supply vessel main engine crankshaft.
HOW TO FIND FORETRACT
Foretract Engineering Ltd, 33 Howard Park, Greystoke, Cumbria, CA11 0TU
UK office > +44 (0) 17684 83669
Mobile > +44 (0) 7836 757339
We are just off the A66 nr Penrith North Cumbria. (Junction 40 on M6)
- Rapid removal of seized/broken studs from 6mm up to 100mm diameter.
- Worldwide service from strategic bases in Europe, Middle and Far East.
- Foretract use the latest in house developed Spark Erosion (Metal Disintegration) Equipment.
- Lightweight equipment can travel with technicians on commercial flights.
- Ultrasonic crack testing of cylinder head studs.
- Remote removal of broken cylinder head studs on marine engines making strip down of cylinder unit unnecessary.
- Database of stud sizes and mounting plates required for most Marine Engines and Gas Turbines.
- Safety and Environmental policy.
- Fully trained professional personnel.
- Extensive product and PLI cover.
About Spark Erosion
Spark Erosion, sometimes known as EDM (Electrical discharge machining)or Metal Disintegration is a process whereby a desired shape is machined using electrical discharges (sparks).Material is removed from the work piece by a series of rapidly recurring current discharges between the electrode, which is held in the tool holder on the cutting head, and the broken/siezed stud. Spark Eroding can be used on all types of steel including very hard hi alloy content material.(This allows us to cut through broken “Easy Outs”/”Stud Extractors” with ease)
Give us a call on:
+44 (0) 1768 483 669
Or, request our Stud removal Survey form and we’ll get back to you with a solution tailored specifically to your needs:
Once we receive your request we’ll send you out a form that will help us get to the root of your problem quickly and efficiently. Once the initial information is gathered we can deal with your request in our streamlined and prompt manner and you’ll be well on your way to being up and running again.